Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was just wondering if i put a repti glow light and a night glow light for my corn in a new wooden viv how would i install them and also would they give off some heat if so what sort of protection would i need to put round it to protect him

thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You would need a glow light holder which will have all the fittings needed to attach it to the viv. Then just screw in the bulbs. They would give off some heat as all light bublbs do and so i would recomend a mesh cage to surround the bulb. Funnily enough im actually selling an exo terra glow light kit in the equip section if your interested.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It wont do em harm tho, i use lights with mine. Same with leo's etc they dont need the lights but it wont harm em, makes the viv look better in all imo.

·
Registered
351 Posts
guessing this is just so you can see your snake better and not for the snakes benefit? the wonderful world of LED's may be of help to you, come in loads of colour variations from white, through blue, red, green and UV (not that you ould be wanting to use it). LED's gives virtually heat free illumination if thats what you looking for.

If thats wrong please somone let me know as its low level (not glaringly bright) LED lighting that is getting put into my new viv.

M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts