Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im going to be getting a new 4x2x2 viv for my bci in a couple of weeks, and was looking at hetting an ahs as they seem to get a lot of good write ups.
ive been looking at a 250w for that size viv, but do i need a che for basking as well as the ahs?
thanks
dan

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the AHS was a complete heating solution for vivs and that you didn't need anything else?

EZ4PRO would be the best person to ask as I think he supplies them...

Good luck

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
no you won't. AHS heaters are a ceramic heat element + thermostat all in one box. It's all you'll need.

250W will heat a 4x2x2 just fine, thats exactly what we use in that viv size.

AHS heaters are brilliant, never had a single problem (and we have quite a few of them here)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Just a single AHS will do the job. I use them in 2 of my vivs and would recommend them. I went for 500w myself... as they have in-build thermostats and fail 'off' in the event of a fault. This gives me flexibility to use them in bigger vivs int he future.

Got mine from EZ4PRO too, drop him a PM if your interested.

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
I agree with all the above

AHS are great! - personally I use the 500watts just think it works better and cycles between on and off when the temps are right so doesnt cost more to run.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As has been said already you won't need anything else if you use an AHS, the only thing you may want is a striplight just for viewing, but this will depend on whether your viv is in a dark area or not?

We are also now supplying the full range of MicroClimate equipment and have AHS heaters in stock to send out straight away.

Hope this helps,

Mike.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I used a 250watt AHS and it works brilliantly. I have a pygmy 15 watt bulb in the viv, purely for viewing purposes as well. I got mine from EZ4Pro and would definately recommend getting one off him. Excellent prices and really fast delivery, also very helpful with advise.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
if it's for a bci id go for a 500w as it will be ok to use when you get a bigger viv they are great heaters highly recommended

1 - 8 of 8 Posts