Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an adult Royal on the way and am getting a Viv sorted for him - i've found a great looking one and was wondering if people think its big enough.

Its 39.5 x 39.5 x 20 inches.

Sorry if its a silly question but my other royal is just a baby and in a smaller Viv until he grows a bit, this is the first time i've bought an adult.

Its bigger than some of the tubs/rubs these guys are kept in so i guess it will be OK.

Cheers.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
My large females in a 3ft long x 18inch high x 2ft deep and 100% feeding record, upto 2years old she was in a 2ft x 2ft x 2ft viv with same results(both on ceramic heater with pulse stat)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for an adult i think the length is ok but it seems a bit high and harder to heat
Heat wise it should be fine as its previously been used for Beardies and heated to 105+ in areas.

I think the recommended for a Royal adult is around 3ft x 2ft x 2ft give or take so this is a few inches wider and a few narrower but a foot higher so maybe not the best.

·
Registered
302 Posts
my vivarium measures 90,45,45 cms. My Royal is a metre long. She's been in there now for 6 weeks and ate well every week. Seems happy enough, comes out for a little exercise most days. In peoples opinion on here is this viv too small.? She also has 2 flowerpot hides a big water bowl, a big rock and a log in there with her.....plus the heat mat and a heat cable which I have to go under the water bowl.
Chears for any advise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts