Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... i have a young adult common boa 5ft in length and i keep it in the bed room. My room is not to wide but very long. I have approached a viv builder to build a new viv and he says after seeing my room he could make me a viv to fit in, and he give me the dimensions of 6ft long 15inches width and 3ft high he says this should be alright as long as i take it out plenty, and as it is lacking in width it is making it up in length and height and to put plenty of branches in with it does this sound alright to uses as he needs to know tomorrow if i want him to build it Thx .

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
you dont need a 6ft viv at all for a 5ft snake id say a 3ft viv but u wanna have a nice height as boas like to climb when figuring out the size of a viv i always half the snake and add half a ft alot of pple jus say half the size of the snake but i like to allow for a little extra room to fill it up with plants and decoration

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
lol a three foot viv wont do a boa that size its only gonna get bigger it would be better to give it the 6foot tank. 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEY GUYS :?: IM glad for all the help but would the width be alright as i say it is very long and quite high is it the width that counts are length and height more important

·
Registered
632 Posts
if you've got the space to have a 6ft viv for a boa then do it!! my common is in a 6 ft viv and shes REALLY active!! sum1 said they like to climb (mine doesn't she likes to hide and BURROW!! awkward bugger! :lol: ) but try putting some shelves in at different heights!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts