Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be (hopefully) getting a few new snakes for a bit of a breeding project and need to know the best size vivs to get for this, as size is obviously an issue for both me and the snakes.

It will need to accomodate 4 Royals and 2 Crawl Cays. I suppose the ideal situation is to have 6x 3ft vivs but not sure where something this big will fit in my house. Is it not an option to drop the size of the vivs? Is a 2ft 'cube' too small??

Ta,
Gary.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody have an opinion on this? All i need to know is if a 2ft viv is too small for an adult royal??

Have seen people use those plastic tubs but not sure on their size (always comes in volume as apposed to lengths).

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'm not sure how big 2ft is (I'm such a girl :lol2: Let me hunt down my tape measure) I do know that Royals don't like been in big vivs and it can cause all sorts of complications. My BF is currently keeping his adult male Royal in a exoterra viv, its the largest size so thats 60cm!

Have seen people use those plastic tubs but not sure on their size (always comes in volume as apposed to lengths).
Our plastic tubs in our stacking system are about 45cm x 30cm, but we dont have adults in these.

I think our Hope that helps :oops:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
60cm's i think is about 2ft so thats a bit of good news.

I currently have an adult royal in a 4ft viv, hes fine with it (before anyway says its too big) but i know 3ft is seen as ideal. Just wasnt sure if 2ft was taking it that bit too small...so yeah you helped a lot, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I will soon be (hopefully) getting a few new snakes for a bit of a breeding project
Oh and going to have a male and female royal for sale in the next day or two. Both ready now and will be on our website as soon as I get pics from the OH. If your interested :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How old are they?

I'm aiming to get a few morphs in the next few months but may consider a normal female if its of breeding age...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts