Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
At the moment I have a glass viv which is 36inch long by 12 wide and 18 high for my stenos. I currently use a 100watt bulb to heat it during the day.
I have just bought a new wooden viv with sliding glass doors which is 24long by 18high and 16wide. what temp bulb should I use for this viv?
Sorry if this seems a stupid question but obviously I don't want to melt them! :roll:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
id have thought the same temps as before if its for the same animals?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I think their asking what wattage bulb to use. :? Bit like what lengths a piece of string :lol:

If you have a dimmer stat you wont frazzel your reps with high wattage bulbs :wink:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
oh, in that case, the same, as your area is roughly the same, the next bulb size down is either 75 or 60, if you reduce to a 60 you could lower the bask so the light is closer to the reps if you dont get the corect temps etc.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers. I figured that a smaller viv would need a lower watt bulb but didn't know if the material made a difference from glass tank to wood viv. I'll just buy some different bulbs and test them before I use it.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
jj22 said:
cheers. I figured that a smaller viv would need a lower watt bulb but didn't know if the material made a difference from glass tank to wood viv. I'll just buy some different bulbs and test them before I use it.

stat it and you can get it exactly where you want it

·
Registered
801 Posts
As we're not in a lot of the time during th day we got a stat for peace of mind. That way you know they're not gettin too hot during the day, or too cold at night.

Top reccommendation. If you buy off Ebay they can work out cheaper. Blueschmink is the seller I got mine from, cheap, reasonable postage and quick too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts