Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to no wht size tub/viv i should get for my new babey boa and then when he is fully grown ? tub prob to start wiv then gunna move to a viv! any info wud be fab

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Found this on a care sheet in the care sheet section on this forum. Have a browse theres a good few sheets which seem decent on there.:2thumb:

Size
The minimum size for a single baby boa constrictor should be 24 inches long, 18 inches high and 18 inches wide. The height will allow your boa to climb on to branches placed inside the vivarium. Young boas in particular enjoy climbing and can be seen resting on elevated branches inside the vivarium.
An adult boa constrictor of approximately 8 feet in length should be housed in a vivarium 72 inches long, 36 inches high and 36 inches wide.
Obviously these recommended vivarium sizes are minimum sizing requirements, and keeping more than one boa in the same vivarium should increase the vivarium's dimensions.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank vicky you help me out all the time am really gratful . always wanna get it right for my pets :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
thank vicky you help me out all the time am really gratful . always wanna get it right for my pets :2thumb:
Aw your very welcome my love. Its always nice, i'm the same even if its a really daft question i'll still ask it theres always someone to help out.
:2thumb: Good luck with your new boa, the o/h wanted a common for so so long and we just dont have the room, little does he know i bought him a dwarf boa and she is arriving tomorrow...SO EXCITED!! :jump:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tell me about it very excited! am just sizing my room up reckon i can maaged 60 inches poss more need to move stuff around

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
tell me about it very excited! am just sizing my room up reckon i can maaged 60 inches poss more need to move stuff around
We just bought a 6x3x2 viv for our bosc and a stack of 3 3x2x1.5s for the snakes and we had to get rid of a chair!!!
Were getting rid of OUR furniture for their furniture...blooming animals, live better than we do. Lol.
Our front room isnt so big anyway!:bash:
I'll try get a pic up of the viv and boa at some point this week!
So excited!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:flrt:will pus one of mine up asap if i squash everyting ip and try and put that on top of my storage unit and then the corn viv on top of it lol am sure i i can squeeze him in

they proper do live better my parents making me luive at home for anouther few years cos they want me to help pay for the new bathroom and kitchen!! so i said hey am having a boa!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
:flrt:will pus one of mine up asap if i squash everyting ip and try and put that on top of my storage unit and then the corn viv on top of it lol am sure i i can squeeze him in

they proper do live better my parents making me luive at home for anouther few years cos they want me to help pay for the new bathroom and kitchen!! so i said hey am having a boa!
Nice. Theres no way my parents would let me back in with my collection. 3 corns, a royal, a boa, a bosc a uro and 2 tarantulas!!
I'd be homeless ! :lol2:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well if they want a pretty house then i canhave my collection they have three dogs so it dont matter !! have three corns at them am getting anouther tank cos i have to split the boy and girl up as they are to young to breed ect ect

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow is soooo hard to find a "72 viv that under £250 so much money am pants building things lol

will have to ask the breeder for the number of the guy that builds his vivs maybe he will make me one to fit my room.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Speak to Alfie99. Hes a cracking bloke. Supplied my 3 viv stack and its beautifully made. Even helped my boyfriend carry it up the stairs!:2thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
i would say it depends of the locality and sex of the boa, males are usually smaller than females, a BCI will grow 6-10ft, therefore you will need a 4 or 5ft viv, this will give them plenty of room to stretch out, a BCC will grow 8-12ft so will need 4-6ft vivs, dwarf boas grow 6-7ft so will only need 3-4ft vivs,

of all the boas i have, i have started themof in 35ltr tubs, then upgraded then to 3ft vivs when they needed it, my biggest is a 3kg, 6ft female and shes currently in a 4ft viv.

a local reptile shop to me is housing a trio of boas (2 females 10ft and 1 male 7ft) in a 6x2x2.5 viv.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks tigger made things nice and clear. am much more comfertable with the idea of getting a bci bcc now as have the lea way of up to 6' so am no so worried about space

will just have to wait and see how he she grows! : victory:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts