Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv posted a topic similar to this previously but my vivarium layout etc has changed and i would like to know what you guys/girls think? Anything you think i should change or add/remove etc. This is only a temporary vivarium as im upgrading Zeus to a larger vivarium once iv moved. All advice welcome.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
do you have a hide? i know some people don't use em but (and i know nothing about beardies by the way!) thought most reps like somewhere to hide out..like a bark tube? suppose that could be a hide under the branch though..hmmm..
looks good though...:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No theres not a hide as such but like you pointed out he can hide beneath the branch and the opposite corner behind the rock. I put a curved piece of bark in which he could hide in but he never used it and wouldnt go near the end of the vivarium where i placed it, so i removed it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
one thing i would say is be carefull of burns on the bulbs, your branch goes quite high and both my beardies have been seen trying to grab our uv tubes and basking spot (out of reach by a fair bit, so funny to watch!) but otherwise looks good! :)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
It looks good :) I think if it was mine I'd add just a bit more stuff in it to explore, maybe a rock-cave type thing under the basking light - all my lizards (rankins dragons and monitor) love their rock as it holds the basking temp well and they sleep in it at night - also keeps claws trim. My rankins (mini beardies) also have the hollow bark tube (like Belial suggested) to run in and lots of foliage to hide in. It looks a nice big viv :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone like i mentioned its only a temporary vivarium until iv moved so i want to keep it as basic as possible yet i want Zeus to be happy. Iv put different things in for him to explore and climb about on but he didnt seem overly interested. He seems to enjoy floor space more than things in his way. The branch does reach fairly high yes but Zeus cant reach his Uv or Basking spot bulb no matter how much he tries. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Heya Kayleigh Hunny. Pretty Tight For Space I suppose. Not Exactly the highest or deepest vivariums (I have the same vivarium for my royal). Cork Bark Is Good, Not the most attractive in a desert like set up. But its good for grip, Especially if the Host has claws :p

Bah Bye xx

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heya Scotteh..!!! Nope infact the vivariums arent at all that good. Itll do for the time being though. Im not too keen on cork bark for Zeus as i had something like that and he kept trying to eat the loose bits off so i thought better safe than sorry so i removed it.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Really. Zeus is not al there! Only Jokin :) The Vivariums Are Pap to be honest. When we bought them, we just like got the cheapest and best thing. Just fort of length and not depth :p Good Old Days.

i Know Sand is such a big debate. But it hink it looks stunning. And with all the fake backgrounds and everything. But sand wouldnt sharpen(or just erode) there nails, and its not paticually safe. Maybe when hes an adult.

Im no expert on beardies nor do i look at beardie vivs alot :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts