Reptile Forums banner

Vivarium door? Glass?

904 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AraCyanea 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to this and I think this is now the right place to post this lol!

Basically my dad has built a viv for my iguana as he is too big for the old one. Its all finished except for the glass which I need advice on, I;ve looked at the other thread but none of the vivs seem as big as mine.

The Viv is 1152 wide and 1799 high (mm), and the idea was to have two sliding doors this size, however I have no idea where to start? Any advice? We are open to any ideas!

#2 ·
Buy some 4ft glass runners, which you will more than likely have to clip off slightly as they are 1220mm if I am correct.

Then attach one at bottom and one at top, obviously, then measure from the top of the bottom runner to the bottom of the top one. Then add roughly 8mm onto that.

Then you can go to a glazier and find prices on glass, but you could also use perspex acrylic which is clear and does the same job but cheaper :)

That's all I can think of right now, as I am doing that to finish off my custom viv :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.