Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im currently building a vivarium and need help working out the height of the glass i need. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
build the box first and measure it

·
Registered
361 Posts
take off about 4 mm off your measurement in of the gap on the box. I would say buy the runners first to make sure but they would be roughly 1mm thick from the wood and 4 - 6mm in height altogether so if you take 4 off you'll have some room to play with

Reactions: powerkiter

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just been thinking ( dangerous, i know!) If i measure the height on both vivs and subtract the difference and add it onto the height of the glass on the old viv, i SHOULD have the correct height measurement?

·
Registered
361 Posts
you should get the size. measure the viv with runners on just to be safe and see if they match up though or are close enough.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The glass runners are 2 diff sizes 4mm deep and 8mm deep ,well the stuff I've used is , so u put the 8mm runner at the top and 4 mm at the bottom ,you measure from inside the top runner to the top of the 4 mm at the bottom ,so the glass can be pushed up into the top and can just make it clear of the bottom runners ,then when it's seated at the bottom it's still in the runners at the top by at least 2 or 3 mm

·
Premium Member
12,018 Posts
Buy the runners first.

Measure the gap between the runners. Add the height of the bottom runner and 1mm.

Check it by cutting a piece of cardboard to the size you have calculated and trying it in the viv. Adjust if needed. Buy glass.

:2thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.