Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pricing up making another viv, the last one I made was for my cham and has mesh panels so I've not had to buy glass before. Has anyone in the Bristol area bought glass for their vivs, and can suggest any reasonably priced sources?

I'm probably going to be going for x2 panels, 3' high by just over 1.5 or 2' wide, what should I expect to pay for that? Not too bothered about having the edges finished I've got a diamond file and plenty of emery.

I would buy off the shelf but I want a large lip at the bottom to accomodate deep substrate and known I've found seem to offer that.

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
i bought ones that were 4ft x 1.5ft, in petries glazing on north st,bedminster....it was £30 for the 2 panels but thats cheap for that size

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does sound cheap, is that their standard charge or did you haggle? Was it walk in, give them the size and walk out or is there a wait involved? Cheers mate

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
with that size i rang in the morn and said it'll be done in an hour, but it depends on how busythey are,

and i didnt haggle just offered that price but i just bought 2 panes os 2x2 and that was £20

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.