Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size viv would you need to happily house 2 adult bearded dragons? space isnt really an issue, but do you think its ok to get 2? or since ive never had beardies before to get just the one for now?

and is a 3ft viv ok for 3 adult leo's?

thought id better ask as im going to get my new viv's soon

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
3ft is great for 3 leos.

My beardie has a 4ftx2ftx2ft, you could house two within that size, but you need to make sure you dont have two males and if you do have male and female you are prepared to deal with eggs eventually. Personally if you have to have two then go for two females, providing you dont want to breed.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah a 3ft viv is fine for 3 leos just make sure you only have one male in there and obviously if you do your going to get eggs! Same goes with beardies! I have a 4.5*2*2ft and I keep three female dragons in that, it does have a little shelving it it as well mind.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
7? thats probably how i'll end up once i get my viv! i do rather like leo's haha :) have to have a think about the beardies, they can lay rather large clutches from what ive read.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
the viv is ok for the bd's but make sure they have a basking spot each or things could get nasty if one wants to sit in "the sun" and the other ones already there.
Dont know much about leos, but when i asked the same question, i was told that 4-5 could be kept in a 2.5x 1.5 foot floor space.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
7 in a 3'??? That sounds like a lot!!! We have 3 in a 34"x20" and they seem to like to be able to escape from each other, and often sleep in seperate hides. How many hides do you have in there? Are they all adults?

And leogirl, yeah, ours has the same floor space as a 3x18, and has 3 females. We are considering putting our male in as of the summer, when they're all big enough etc, but we will see what happens and if we think they're all still happy.

Emma xXx

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Emz118 said:
7 in a 3'??? That sounds like a lot!!! We have 3 in a 34"x20" and they seem to like to be able to escape from each other, and often sleep in seperate hides. How many hides do you have in there? Are they all adults?

And leogirl, yeah, ours has the same floor space as a 3x18, and has 3 females. We are considering putting our male in as of the summer, when they're all big enough etc, but we will see what happens and if we think they're all still happy.

Emma xXx
They are fine and fairly young and all female, eventually we will drop to 5, they have 8 hides, also bark, fake plants etc, they do tend to stick together usally found in the same hide, the only difference from having 3 is I have to use a lot more crix :D .

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
our beardies were in a 55x27x24 so basically 4.5x2x2
that was for 2, a male and a female.
Now they are in a 6x4x4 though but i think thatd be ok for 4 females and a male to be honest.

nothing smaller than a 4x2x2 id say and even then i think they gota get outside for a good run around fairly often which prolly isnt a problem.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah that wouldnt be a prob at all. is it ok just to let them run round the living room and i just keep an eye on them? dont wanna lose them or for them to get hurt or anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts