Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i are thinking of starting a reptile rescue and adoption centre but we need to get hold of some 3 and 4 foot vivs. they need to be clean and as cheap as possible. pm me if you need to

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
as long as they are kepy clean etc... nothign stopping you building your own pretty cheep..

MDF or Melomine isnt that expensive.. :D

just the glass.. wich is added in price on vivs for sale anyway...

peace

James

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mate.... i could build loads. i am a carpenter/joiner teacher but with having a full time job, it is hard to find the time...we care very much and always make time to look after the animals but building them takes alot more... might do some, in the holidays but you'd be surprised how cheap you can get second hand vivs...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
whent to an ihs show a lil while back... and saw large vivs normaly costing around 150 new.. for 5-20 so not all bad :D

we have LOADS of vivs spare... alot open top... so no need to sliding doors... just 1 pane of glass... but distance is the factor..

goodluck m8 :D

if i lived closer if even offer to build some for you :D not as well as your carpentered ones im sure.. but good enough :D

peace

James

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the offers guys... shame you are all so far away...:censor:
:mf_dribble::mf_dribble::mf_dribble:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
he is offering you 4 of them

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
i was thinking you must of missed that, if not i was getting ready to find out where you can get 4 fot £110 lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
Are you looking to travel or are you looking for as close as possible?

I am just about to change all mine over to smaller vivs and have a huge 4' big glass viv open to offers. It's nothing special and just has a thin wooden lid but it does the job well. Also a few more little glass and pennine tanks. Not looking for much for them.

Basically the more I get rid of the less opportunity there is for me to be tempted by lizards for sale!!:whistling2:

I'm in Exeter, Devon btw!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
:lol2: Yeah it's Four (4) 4x2x2's! Seeing as it's for a rescue I'd do all 4 of them for £180. Delivery isn't possible, unless I made 4 very uncomfortable trips as my car is tiny :lol:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:lol2: Yeah it's Four (4) 4x2x2's! Seeing as it's for a rescue I'd do all 4 of them for £180. Delivery isn't possible, unless I made 4 very uncomfortable trips as my car is tiny :lol:

Shame you are so far away... any ideas how much a delivery firm would charge??? (tnt)?? If they were reasonable, i'd rip your arm off....:lol2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts