Reptile Forums banner

vomiting clear fluid?

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  twistedclown 
#1 ·
Last night I noticed that my garter vomited some clear fluid after breathing heavy for awhile. I took her to the vets today but they couldnt find anything wrong. They told me to ring a vet with a reptile expert but the number they gave me is for a vets thats too far away. I dont have a car to get there.
Shes still a bit crazy but shes hidden now, burried really deep in the aspen.
She had eaten yesterday so the only thing i could think of is that she had a huge drink after eating then vomited some water back up since she drank too much. :? but thats just a guess. The reason i am so worried is that i lost my other garter last week to fits. Ive read that some respiritory infections can cause brain problems and bubbly mouths. But shes fine today, not breathing heavy anymore...arrrgghhh!
any help?

#6 ·
sounds really odd lol...would have been funny 2 see that burm do it

#9 ·
my mexi did this and i thought it may have been a bout of RI after much research i upped his/hers temps by 5 degrees and since then no vomit was it slightly bubbley and thickish?

If so i would still recommend taking it too the vets and this could be a case of crypto or something similar i know this cause the mexi came to me with this problem and cause of the parasite he couldnt keep anything down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.