Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was watching a video about w&y leopard geckos on youtube by an american and he kept mentioning w&y syndrome. i had never heard of this and wanted to know if anyone else had heard of it or experienced it? people often mention w&ys as a sort of alternative to enigmas (pattern and colour wise), maybe the sudden burst in breeding of these has done what happened to the enigma? any replies appreciated :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
so i was watching a video about w&y leopard geckos on youtube by an american and he kept mentioning w&y syndrome. i had never heard of this and wanted to know if anyone else had heard of it or experienced it? people often mention w&ys as a sort of alternative to enigmas (pattern and colour wise), maybe the sudden burst in breeding of these has done what happened to the enigma? any replies appreciated :2thumb:
Some people have hatched W&Y's that show 'enigma type' symptoms.

Personally I believe this is too much inbreeding and weak genetic bases rather than a W&Y based issue. I also honestly believe that people breeding W&Y to enigmas may have added to any problem.

I have never personally seen any problems with W&Y's but then again I don't pair animals back to parents etc, I always use (a far as possible) completely unrelated lines......

Reactions: TWreptiles

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some people have hatched W&Y's that show 'enigma type' symptoms.

Personally I believe this is too much inbreeding and weak genetic bases rather than a W&Y based issue. I also honestly believe that people breeding W&Y to enigmas may have added to any problem.

I have never personally seen any problems with W&Y's but then again I don't pair animals back to parents etc, I always use (a far as possible) completely unrelated lines......
good to know some people have good morals :2thumb: isn't that what happened with the enigma gene that it was inbred so much and bred in large quantities that no one kept track of genetic weaknesses

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.