Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I know the correct way to wake up a monitor? I wake up my black throat by touching its head first and then hold it up gently with my hands. May I know is this the correct procedure to wake it up? Or is there any better way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why wake it up? Let it wake on its own. I don't know about you but I hate being woken up
I don't want either if I don't have to. The reason I need to wake him up is because I need to feed him after I got off work. It's always night time when I come home..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe just adjust your lights etc to come on and go off later? I do 9:30-9:30 just in case I'm late home.

·
Registered
213 Posts
ok, so to address the question, there is no correct way to wake up a monitor.........because people don't do it as you've gathered by the responses. I'm a sucker for wanting to feed my monitors when I get home from work but as already said they won't digest especially if their lights are off, so why not give em something to do during the day?
Since I've had my second kid I've been constantly feeling guilty about not spending as much time with my animals, to enrich their life I've:
Put food during the day in a shoebox taped up with a small hole in it enough for the scent to get out. My Black Throat had a whale of a time tearing the crap out of it.
Hung food up using a bulldog clip so they have to climb for it.
Hidden food.
Finally- With an animal as intelligent (and lazy given a chance) as a black throat, if you do none of the above and just hand feed, it's not going to act like a monitor any more, it's going to act like someone off benefits britain....:2thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so to address the question, there is no correct way to wake up a monitor.........because people don't do it as you've gathered by the responses. I'm a sucker for wanting to feed my monitors when I get home from ...:
Thank you for the detail advice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'd like to change the light on/off time for feeding. Normally I'm home about 6-7pm. I guess it'd not be too late for the monitors if the light is still on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts