Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to get a new snake for some time now, and I've got a 325L (86 gallon) tank that's looking a bit emty :lol: I've been keeping ball pythons for almost 3 years now and I have been breeding corn snakes, I've almost sold all my corn snakes and I know now that my passion is pythons :D I'm just wondering wich python, if you guys could shear some experience with me on some pythons and what you think I should get next :wink:

are there any that are sutible pets that are as small as the ball python.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well there spotteds & childrens which are cool snakes. Not sure how big 86 gallons is though :oops:
If you looking for small- medium sized snake and are after boids, why not try either;
kenyan sand boas, rough scaled boas, rosy boas, spotted pythons, childrens pythons, brazilian rainbow boas or columbian rainbows or if you got abit of money :lol: crawl cays boas :?:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Get a Carpet Python... They are great snakes, don't get too big 6-7 feet and look real nice....

Steve

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carpet python you say :eek:oo: well the cage was designed for ball pythons, so it's 4.4x1.6x1.6 ft. do you think that's enough for a carpet python, and what's the general price of a carpet python?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yes I agree get a carpet python they rock, A jungle or IJ will stay smaller. You can pay £100 upward depends how rich you are :D Heres a few of mine.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I keep all my BOIDS at humidity of 50%-60% with a rise to 70% for shedding.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
maki said:
Yes I agree get a carpet python they rock, A jungle or IJ will stay smaller. You can pay £100 upward depends how rich you are :D Heres a few of mine.

they are pretty looking carpets, i had a 10ft mcdowelli but when i get another it'll be either of the two youve got. weve got plenty of jungle in our local shop

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
captaincaveman Thanks wheres your local shop? and are they all hatchlings?

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
maki said:
captaincaveman Thanks wheres your local shop? and are they all hatchlings?

In northampton, really nice shop. ive been going there for years(over 10), no they are grown on a bit. the smallest are about 12-16inches the larger(but still young) are about 2ft, hard to say really

they get some good stock in as well, all captive bred(always), some unusual stuff at times

http://www.reptilecentre.com/

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks but its a bit to far I will keep looking localy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts