Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just checking all my snakes and just found my sons new hatchling 06 striped amel dead :( , he's had her for 4 weeks and all appeared well, and has been eating fine 1 pinkie a week, he woke up as i was leaving the room and is really upset, i honestly don't know why she died and have kept corns snakes years ago with no problems and i have another two 06 hatchlings and they are fine i infact recommended him buying one as he wanted a snake for his birthday and is a ideal first snake and so spent his birthday money on her. now i feel really bad and he's upset...i have tried looking for a 05 cornsnake so she will be a bit bigger and hopefully more hardy but don't know where to look or who is recommended to buy from so please does anyone have a 05 cornsnake any morph that can help me out pleaseeeeeeeee.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi I'm sorry to hear about your loss, where abouts do you live?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeah me too, bummer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where you located? Ive got a few good sized corns available at the moment, an amazing male reverse okeetee which is at a great size, a nice female snow and a couple of smaller normals, plus a selection of other exotics.

If your around the South Wales area give me a shout,

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in leamington spa warwickshire, son still upset :( , is there anyone that can help out here, it's been the first time he has had enough birthday money to buy and he was really chuffed to buy his own first snake, i explained this morning after he said if i get another 06 snake next year will that die too.
I said i would try and get a 05 cornsnake which would be bigger and more hardy and that i would buy it for him and he said 'can you ask for one on that reptile chat page you go on alot i don't mind what colour it is but that would be better than going to a shop because they know more and won't sell you a dud one mum.

so i have faith in all of you, can someone help me out pleaseee

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
to be honest there are some great shops out there hun, they are not all bad for sure.
i have plenty of 2005 females, but i presume you just want like an anery/amel/normal or snow really? cheaper end?
i'm in northampton, so 2 hours or so.
there is a good shop near you run by one of the former gillworth partners i think.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
really nige do you know what the shop is called and where please, if not do you know of any online sites selling bigger corns 05/early 06 just not baby baby. thanx nige though for responding and no doubt we will look to you when he no doubt wants the higher end morphs but basically i am just looking for a slightly bigger snake to make him smile and realise that the snake dying wasn't his fault if i buy another hatchling and knowing my luck at present and that too dies i'm sure he'll think he's cursed and it will put him off snakes for life.
I really don't understand as to why, I didn't expect corns to be so fragile, hubby has ball pythons and even can't understand why.....she ate no problem next day dead???? with his birthday money he brought 3 hatchlings at the same time....1st one died feeding fine every week then fed and died next day (the amel striped), 2nd one caramel 4 weeks we have had her very active but never eaten, 3rd one atheristic motley eating feeding shedding fine no problems what so ever????.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hi i'm so sorry to hear of your loss i've lost a hatchling also for no reason what so ever and i bought her from a pet shop but this pet shop had a bad rep but i didn't know at the time so now i buy all my corns from Nige (cornmorphs) and sue at Snake City and angel at Welcome To Cornsnake.co.uk they also all deliver witch is great for me as i don't drive lol but try on here aswell http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/reptile-classifieds-exotics-sale-wanted/ there are some for sale that are older and these people can deliver for you http://www.thereptiletaxi.co.uk/ i've heard they are very good but i'm very sure you well get one very soon and i hope i've helped you out a bit hun so all the best Sam :smile:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i did have the site on my favs, but dont have it now..
they are very good, bit on the expensive side, but knowledgable lads

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanx sam and nige i'll keep checking and hoping, will look at those sites also.: victory:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
someone has just advertised one onhere.. go look mel

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol i know just noticed and she is also interested in the mack snowi am selling fingers crossed

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Mel :(

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
LOl, hes now having my lovley spirit :)
going to travel from portsmouth to lemington spa :p
hey itll be worth her going to a good home!
sorry i cant have your gecko!
i allready have 2 breeding pairs :p
jaz x

1 - 18 of 18 Posts