Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Posted a similar thread this morning but it seems to have disappeared now so sorry if im repeating myself

Im looking for 2 x baby african helmeted turtles. Ive got a tank all ready and waiting for them but just cant seem to find any? Im prepared to travel as long as they are the right age / size, just hoping that someone can point me in the right direction...?

Please help!

Adam

·
Super Moderator
16,908 Posts
Turtle Jo, a very well respected turtle keeper, replied this morning and then posted she was looking for your post!

She has some for sale. Send her a pm. She is in Warwickshire.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I got one from Jo and hes Gorgeous! :flrt:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
A local reptile shop has them, but tbh Its a little dodgy and i noticed a few sick ones last time I was there. So If this place has them, then maybe a local reptile shop can order them for you, as they were on his/her stock lists then maybe they will be on someone elses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A local reptile shop has them, but tbh Its a little dodgy and i noticed a few sick ones last time I was there. So If this place has them, then maybe a local reptile shop can order them for you, as they were on his/her stock lists then maybe they will be on someone elses.

Yeah i tried my local reptile shops but they are all saying they are too hard to get hold of. Im based in Northampton and to add salt to my wounds they have two awsome ones as shop pets!! Anyway, apparently they bread around April / May time so hoping they will at least be available around then? Got a few people looking out for them for me but still no luck.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
Ah, that will be Northampton Reptile Centre and the shop pets are Chas and Dave... they aren't babies though. I've not seen babies for sale for a very long time and people are no long importing them from Africa.

Sub adults and Adults should be fairly easy to get hold of though.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
Give Matthew at custom aquaria a ring, he is only over Rushden and he has a lot of contacts for rehomed turtles or where you could buy one. Worth 10 mins of your time if thats what your after.
Yeah Matt is worth a try... although I know he has no AHT's at the moment. I am seeing him this weekend so will ask for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, that will be Northampton Reptile Centre and the shop pets are Chas and Dave... they aren't babies though. I've not seen babies for sale for a very long time and people are no long importing them from Africa.

Sub adults and Adults should be fairly easy to get hold of though.
Yeah, they are the ones! ...love them! I know they are not babies but i heard they arnt that old. How old would you say they are?

·
Registered
3 Posts
african helmet turtle

hello mate a pet shop in norfolk has a lot of these turtles they are called swallow aquatics and they have shops in other places in the UK if you are still looking they are def worth a look this is where i got mine from...

www.swallowaquatics.co.uk/

just been in swallows (east harling) and they have babies aswell as adults the babys are about 1" - 2"

these are also called Gabon turtles latin being Pelomedusa subrufa. which is the same as african helmeted turtle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts