Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am located in north yorkshire and i am looking for an agressive snake, i have experience with many snakes and many lizards including other aggressive ones. If you have one or know anyone who does please let me know as i am very much wanting one. I know many people do not like snakes when they are aggressive and i would very much like to have the chance to give them a new home.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Put your ad in the snakes classified section pal

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
And why aggressive ones in particular?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I totally get this, though the blood I got for that very purpose turned out to be a pudding. I guess it's the same sort of reason people keep venomous - because it's a challenge and interesting, except a bitey non-venomous doesn't need a DWA and it won't lead to all your blood leaking out of your ears.

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Fair enough.

I just can't help feel a twinge of deja vu and think back to some of the twits we have seen on various tv programs going on about how lethal and dangerous their boa is etc.

Makes me nervous when I think of the headlines they can provoke. :blush:

Reactions: Paul F

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
After playing with many species in most countries I have never yet met an aggressive snake
Met plenty of defensive ones though

WC adult retics and burmese may suit you
Radiated rats would be another one
King korros and gonyosoma janseni [black] will also test most handlers

·
Registered
985 Posts
*sniff sniff*

Is that a troll I smell?

Reactions: Paul F

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what is a troll?
Someone who posts things purely for a reaction or to case upset. In this case, the accusation of troll has been levied at the OP as they just want aggressive snakes, be it a 2ft hoggy or 15ft afrock.

Just roll with it, if he is, grand. If he's not, then he's far from alone in wanting a macho snake.

Just be grateful nobody has mentioned penis size yet.

Oh wait :whistling2:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Get a yellow anaconda if you want a nervous and defensive snake. Having said that, some of those turn out calm.

To be honest, the challenge isn't that great. It's easy enough to work out ways of dealing with them. I don't bother my yellow annie any more than I have to, as it is obviously distressing for the snake, but clearly I need to pick her up occasionally. I limit this to moving her for full viv clean out and just to give her a periodic health check. Otherwise she is a watch only snake.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
My snake pushed a laptop on my head :( but it was clearly for my own good :flrt: I understand what i did was wrong, and i shall never move him off my keyboard again :notworthy:

As for those saying troll. If you look at the OPs stats you would be able to see that the chaps big into buying snakes.

Leave the blighter alone or get my armpit hair on your pillow :devil:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've got a 13ft normal burm that's quite aggressive and she is up for sale

1 - 18 of 18 Posts