Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
You do know the kind of work involved with keeping a snapper, right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know the work involved.... and how dangerous they can be etc.

thats the reason i want a juvi and not to jump straight in with an adult. i fully intend to give the turtle ample room, and i know that when its full grown its gonna take a massive specially made enclosure, probably a large converted shed to be able to provide a large enough water space and a haul out area.

i promise i'm not jumping in blind cos they look cool or whatever. if i wanted a nice terrapin to play with thats what i'd get.

thanks for the concern tho, i can see why you have to ask.

and also thatnks for the offer of the common snappers, but i wanna start small and work my way up to the breeding :)

D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way.... please dont take my number of posts to be representative of my herp keeping experience.... :)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
by the way.... please dont take my number of posts to be representative of my herp keeping experience.... :)
ha ha.. no chance of that happening. Like you are aware, the amount of space needed is usually enough to put people off... but if you are prepared for that and want to go for it, there are a few places/people selling them I am sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats one of the things i like about those kinds of animals.
you tend to find that there is such stigma attached to anything labelled huge/aggressive/dangerous that people forget that they are just as fascinating as the smaller, more amiable species. If not more so actually as less people get to observe the day to day behaviour cos less people keep them.

you've just got to have a few brain cells and remember that your safety and the comfort of such a large animal are bigger issues with bigger animals

:)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
once when i returned home from racing in florida once i found one in my bedroom, bloody massive thing and stupid me just picked it up and put it by the lake

·
Registered
104 Posts
just reading this post got me thinking.......i have seen one of those before! a guy at my relptile club thingy has one....not sure if he breeds it.....anyway makes me laugh its called...................CUDDLES!!!!! lol

·
Registered
5,806 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
They used to have them in Cold Blooded in Rainham. I've not been for a while so they may have sold them by now.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
once when i returned home from racing in florida once i found one in my bedroom, bloody massive thing and stupid me just picked it up and put it by the lake
how it get in your room?:bash:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts