Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to all this (the forum and exotic pets in general) so be gentle.

Im after (if at all possible) a wee-baby Blue Tongued Skink or a breeding pair. If anyone has any, or can direct me to somewhere that might sell them in the birmingham area i'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance,
Nash.

·
Registered
938 Posts
They have a baby blue tongue up here in Morton Park Garden centre.....about an hour from Brum.
Not sure if that is too far but if you want any more info just ask!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey i did a bit of googling, and it came up with a morton park in wrexham, not sure if this was the one you meant :S but i've sent them an enquiry.

I saw a BTS yesterday in a petshop near me, but it looked full grown and i was warned off buying it by a worker so im guessing it's WC or just wasnt handled early enough. Bit dissapointing. He said "theyre" extremely skittish etc. so im a bit concerned now about not being able to handle them etc as i've not had one before :S
if you have any advice i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I'm not sure that's entirely true about them all being skittish. From what i've read they can tame pretty well like most skinks but don't quote me on that as i could be wrong although i'm sure BlueTongued could tell you if that's true or not!

·
Registered
938 Posts
The best place to look is here

Blue Tongue Skinks - Welcome to BlueTongueSkinks.NET !

Great site and full of good advice.

Some can be nice others mental!!

The best advice I can give is make sure the bluey you are thinking of getting is warm when you handle as a very cool one can seem friendly then when it is warmed up it turns evil!!

The one in Morton park Garden centre is young and very pretty. I asked them what it was like and they seemed to think it was taming really well.
From my memory though t was over £100

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bts

i could of got you 1 but i dont no if my suppliers have any in. they are showing up on there price list. the trade price for me to get you one would have been £89.00 and that would be a 2007. but like always you are to far away and that price is trade :-( . so i have no way to get it to you sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts