Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm looking to purchase a baby or juvenile UK captive born and bred Northern Blue Tongue Skink. If anyone has any for sale or can point me in the right direction that would be great!

I'm willing to travel to a certain extent outside of Surrey if necessary. Alternatively, we can meet at a convenient location.

Thanks in advance,

Tegan

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Tegan,

Baby intermedia season ended in a couple of months ago,I think most breeders are sold out this year.

I have seem a few available for Hamm. Prices are higher than in the Uk, around 380-450 euros is the going rate.

Cheapest courier I have found is around £100

UK - Germany - UK.

If you wnat to try nest year, best to start outting feelers out about May/June, thats when they are due.

Hope this helps
Kate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey Kate,

You're absolutely correct, up on doing further research I found it's a lot harder to find Northern Blue Tongue Skinks in the UK due to the Australian export laws thus the higher prices.

Fortunately, I've found a CBB Irian Jaya 6 month old Blue Tongue Skink and purchased him/her on Sunday.

Here is a picture of "Slinky", he/she is absolutely adorable but a little bit timid although calming down with everyday that passes.

Thank you very much for the advice though, appreciate your help! :)

Tegan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.