Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dalmatian

Hi,

Dont know if you are sorted with a stud but i have had Dalmatians for about 13 years and though i dont have a black spotted male you could use if you send me your bitches info i could help you find a good one :)

Tessa

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
i have always been told that the bitch must travel to the stud dog
sorry for asking just that i have seen a couple of time on here people asking for studs and saying they maybe willing to travel,i know it's costly but in june my friend had to travel 80 miles plus pay £500 stud fee and u don't always know if it takes.
linda

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
It aint gauranteed to take but if your wanting to breed and and wanting a stud then its a chance that your going to have to take............thats why breeding pedigree dogs is soooo expensive as the cost dosnt stop there it goes on and on and on :2thumb:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep :) breeding is a very expensive thing to do, and yes the bitch should go to the dog. (I travelled over 250 miles one way to mate one of my huskies and that had to be done 3 time so a total of just over 1500 miles) then a stud fee of £750 then my bitch had to have a c-section and that cost over £400 not to mention the hip scoring and eye testing (and for a litter of Dally pups the BAER hearing test) then there is food cost for mum and pups, vaccinations and microchips than it does not stop there.

If you want to breed properly then dont expected to make any/much money at it.

Tessa

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi linda
yes i did no all that did it all many yrs ago and i dont mint the traveling for the right stud i just funny on what dog i would want to use for my little girl : victory:

i have always been told that the bitch must travel to the stud dog
sorry for asking just that i have seen a couple of time on here people asking for studs and saying they maybe willing to travel,i know it's costly but in june my friend had to travel 80 miles plus pay £500 stud fee and u don't always know if it takes.
linda

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi tessa yes i no all this iv done it befor cost a fortune but worth my puppy at the end so now i8 got narla my old girl bed her and kept indie and its indie im going to breed and keep a bitch out my litter when i get her mated thats if it works lol

Yep :) breeding is a very expensive thing to do, and yes the bitch should go to the dog. (I travelled over 250 miles one way to mate one of my huskies and that had to be done 3 time so a total of just over 1500 miles) then a stud fee of £750 then my bitch had to have a c-section and that cost over £400 not to mention the hip scoring and eye testing (and for a litter of Dally pups the BAER hearing test) then there is food cost for mum and pups, vaccinations and microchips than it does not stop there.

If you want to breed properly then dont expected to make any/much money at it.

Tessa

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
Good luck better have plenty of pics of puppies if it does work hee hee

I would love a dally i think they are gorgas dogs :2thumb:

hi tessa yes i no all this iv done it befor cost a fortune but worth my puppy at the end so now i8 got narla my old girl bed her and kept indie and its indie im going to breed and keep a bitch out my litter when i get her mated thats if it works lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi again, Sorry i did not meen to imply that you did not know what you were doing just trying to answer linda.t question:blush:

If you let me know what lines your bitch is from then I can point you in the right direction:)

Tessa

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
I will vouch for Tessa if she says she will find you the perfect stud then she will definately do just that :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi again, Sorry i did not meen to imply that you did not know what you were doing just trying to answer linda.t question:blush:

If you let me know what lines your bitch is from then I can point you in the right direction:)

Tessa
thanks guys thats ok i no what im doing and i no your just trying to help :notworthy:
indie line is dallyvista/dalmark lines
iv allso got her brother that i can use if you no any1 that wants these lines

1 - 18 of 18 Posts