Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for breeders of Dwarf Monitors to make sure I can obtain a couple of unrelated specimens. I do not mind which species - provided they do not attain a length greater than 2.5 ft, so any of the following should be ok:

Ackies (V. acanthurus)
Peacock (V. auffenbergi)
Timor (V. timorensis)

I have alloacted a 6'x3'x2' space for them so there is plenty of room for a trio if available for the right price.

Dave.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
im pretty sure that northampton reptile centre has a pair of storr's dwarf monitors in. I know they have ackies too but im not sure if they are single ones or not

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
yeah sorry, i noticed them on way out of shop and knew they were a breeding pair. didn't see the price but after i posted, i thought id better check on their site and.......:oops: woops:D

If i hadn't promised myself to stick with just snakes now, id go for a peacock myself

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
ive only seen one in our local shop and saw quite a few at a show years ago but that was when they were £2k each, theyv'e dropped loads in recent years

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
I am hoping my ackies breed for me this year but am not sure if they will or not

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
there was a pair of dwarf moniters on adtrader a while ago,dont know if still on there.think £300,dont know if that was singular or pair ,had pic of one on back of sofa.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tempted as I am to go for the peacock monitor, Berkshire is a bit too far from Notts.

Where in UK are you caninebrand? Are the ackies related? How much without the viv and equipment?

·
Registered
867 Posts
dwarf monitors

we have two cb06 freckled monitors £199.00each to young to sex

we also have a sub adult male ackie around 20" long £180.00
and what looks to be female ackie zoo bred 06. 10" long £150.00

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need guaranteed sexes because if I end up with 2 males I don't have the room to separate them when they start chomping on eachother.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm located in Dorchester(southcoast).
The ackies are unrelated had em about 1yr. in that time produced 2clutches,1st clutch 12eggs-8fertile-7hatched.... 2nd clutch 14eggs-9fertile-9hatched. Both monitors are in good health,good eaters and handleable etc. I'm selling £350 with 4ft wooden viv,ceramics,uv etc.
If you dont want viv I'm open to offers. M-07837335594

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Caine but I've decided to go for the Freckled. Going for 1 until its mature enough to sex then going to look for a mate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts