Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as i mentioned in a thread in 'other' (that always makes me laugh sorry!) my 'roomie to be' has a female rat who she wants to get a companion for. We would like to see about maybe getting a Dumbo and was wondering if anyone on here breeds them. Needs to be near southampton (where we live) or sheffield way (as here parents live there). Gotta be female as we dont want babies, and of a similar size to her current one so going and choosing would be best.

Let me know if you breed or know of any for sale?
Cheers

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I do yes, But Wayakinwolf also has dumbos and she's in Blackburn. Not really that far from Sheffield. I had people come from Sheffield in October and had 5 boys lol

If you want her details please feel free to pm.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! does anyone know where Nerys is based? i did a search and saw that he has/had them and i think is southern?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Pretty sure it's Dorset or somewhere like that - I really wanted some of her Dumbos but I'm miles away! :(

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
They have female dumbo rat's in our local pets at home. Maybe check the ones near you?

Think they are £10 each :roll:

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
She ( :Na_Na_Na_Na: ) does indeed have them

but i have not got any dumbo babies at the moment, i don't think.. i will have to have a look at one of the litters.. i have 8 babies from a dumbo siamese to a black hooded (het husky) i think the girls are all black hooded, but i am not sure whether any have the ears on the side, rather than on the top.. having not really looked that hard yet..

black hooded babies i have quite a few of at the moment!!! i really need to extend the colour palate!

I can get dumbos from a mate possibly tho.. but i get pot luck on what comes..

N

oh yeah.. just past ringwood, into dorset (Ta solo)

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, weve never seen dumbos round here but its always worth checking out! and yorkshire is pretty much as far away as you can get from southampton!!

Nerys, ringwoods not too far, ill speak to her about things and check out pet shops near here, and depending on what she decides ill pm you. She really wants to get her a cagemate soon, its so sad seeing her on her own. Lovely rat though!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
no worries... mine are all quite young still, so hopefully she will accept them ok too.. i do have a couple of older females.. 3 months or so i think they are.. they are due to become breeders mind you. and again are black hooded but not dumbo..

N

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
dumbo rats

Shame you`re sooo far away as i have only dumbos & i have them in powder blue, russian blue, russian blue satin rex, black satin rex, & russian blue satin normal coated. If anyone else is coming up this way at anytime & wants to take some back with them, just Pm me & i`ll let ya know whats available at that time as i nearly always have them.

Dianne:smile:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aw your killing me! the satins are stunning!! Thanks for the heads up, ill let my friend and see what she thinks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts