Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am looking for mainly sugar gliders , bosc monitors, and bearded dragons anywhere in hertfordshire because mum wont go any further :( ****** :p if you no of any breeders (decent shops) please reply thanks rob.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
when your mum gets the info about these bosc monitors she wont let one in her house
they grow over 5ft and thats without tail, they also need a large encloser etc....
they start off small but grow massive

stick to the bearded dragons xxxxxx

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea read up about them for a while my mum dont seem to mind but wont let me have a snake :? my last snake kept getting out and somhow getting into my clothes draw :twisted: always at the right time for her :)

but yeah went 100% sure about getting one just been reading bout lettin it loose in my room but dont think so :shock:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I thought it was a possible length of 5ft including the tail. I know they are big but I havent come across on 5ft+ in captivity. I might be wrong as I dont keep one but have looked at them for a while and may get one possibly in the future.

I agree the Viv needs to be very big, I like how Blazey is now using a room as a viv for her Bosc.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah blazy's room/viv is cool might get a touch messy (with the shit) and would of thought mite start to smell :lol: would love to use my room like that but cant make my mind up

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
unless you know weelads mum personaly I cant see how youve come to the conclusion that she wont let one in the house. I let my daughter keep one free roaming round her room. Dont know where you got the info about 5ft without tail, its more 4-5ft including tail. maybe you got confused with a komodo dragon or something :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sugar gliders and reptiles in Herts

Have you tried Amey Zoo, High Street Bovingdon? They used to sell Sugar Gliders, not sure if they do still... and sell lots of different Reptile species. Their website is: www.ameyzoo.co.uk

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
havnt yet still reading up about them dont want to rush things cheers everyone for the posts and yea my mums a push ova i could bribe her :p

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
i'm in london in a few weeks wee lad. i'm looking to offload my sugar gliders to concentrate on the BDs. have you done a bit of research on the gliders? they are very loveable but are very hard work and not as tame as made out......having said that i've only had 'em a couple of weeks, and dont know how they been treated before! if intrested drop me a line.
cheers ...... Eddie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts