Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys , im looking for anyone with any info on these guys . care sheets , websites , someone who owns them already etc. had a good search myself but struggling to find anything but the most basic stuff .

Ictonyx libycus - common names include:

northern zorrilla
Saharan zorrilla
Saharan striped polecat
Saharan striped weasel

any info very much appreciated

cheers col

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry Col I don't know of any care sheets etc as i'd never heard of it!

But just googled and if its what google images found then very cute!

I hope you find the information you are looking for

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
From what Ive heard in the past: Nasty, hard to breed, hard to pair up and tend to kill each other.

There seem to be very very few Zorilla in private hands and carry a hefty pricetag because of this.

There were a pair for sale in Europe recently but one of those was wild caught and neither were handleable.

I think most people would go for a skunk as a pet as a zorilla just looks like a skunk crossed with a ferret and skunks are tried and tested fab pets for the right people

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I had a hand reared zorilla about 15 years ago,the person who bred them had no problems,they bred very readily,easy to keep,mine was as good as gold,he lived in the house,played with the cats,used a litter tray,but i did know a friend had one and that would bite.They are smaller than american skunk and do not smell anywhere as bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.