Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to expand my kenyan sand boa breeding collection.
Im looking for a female visual paint, preferably anery or albino. Also would consider a female dodoma with hets, to pair with my snow male.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
I keep Boa's, Pythons
31 Posts
Looking to expand my kenyan sand boa breeding collection.
Im looking for a female visual paint, preferably anery or albino. Also would consider a female dodoma with hets, to pair with my snow male.
Thanks
I have female 2021's Anerys for sale

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
With the paint gene or dodoma lineage? :D
You do know that Dodoma is not a morph? It's a locality specific form. The only way to breed true dodomas is to breed a pair from Dodoma itself. Once you cross one with a morph (which are in any case hybrids of G c colubrinus x G c loveridgei), then the offspring are no longer dodoma.

·
Premium Member
I keep Boa's, Pythons
31 Posts
You do know that Dodoma is not a morph? It's a locality specific form. The only way to breed true dodomas is to breed a pair from Dodoma itself. Once you cross one with a morph (which are in any case hybrids of G c colubrinus x G c loveridgei), then the offspring are no longer dodoma.
All mine are Gongylophis colubrinus

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, hence the phrase "dodoma lineage' rather than gene, even a % should have a nice infuence on future offspring patterns. However, its more the paint gene i am interested in, happy to pay extra for that.
All mine are GC, no rufescens as far as i am aware, and i believe there is still debate over the subspecies classifications of coloubrinus vs loveridgei :)

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Yes, hence the phrase "dodoma lineage' rather than gene, even a % should have a nice infuence on future offspring patterns. However, its more the paint gene i am interested in, happy to pay extra for that.
All mine are GC, no rufescens as far as i am aware, and i believe there is still debate over the subspecies classifications of coloubrinus vs loveridgei :)
There are 3 subspecies, colubrinus, loveridgei and rufescens.
Rufescens are quite unique in appearance. I had a very nice rufescens a few years ago.
It is my understanding that apart from albino, all Kenyan morphs are in fact hybrids of colubrinus and loveridgei.
There is, again to the best of my knowledge, having kept and bred various dand boa species for years, no debate over loveridgei and colubrinus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts