Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As large as possible please! I missed out on a great one on eBay and I'm supposed to be getting some ratties next week. Can anyone help? I'm in Derby and can collect within a 40 mile radius or so.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
i got one. i used to use it for my hamster. its a 3tier on with tunnels leading to each level. i'll try and find a pic of one

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply - is it around the same size as that one? Just worried that it might be a bit small for ratties - could you measure it for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i might have a spare cage..
Was used for rats, but it is a LARGE dome shapped bird cage.. used to have loads of hammocks and pieces of wood and stuff in it for them to climb on and stuff and they loved it. just a bit far away i think and would need to check and make sure i do still have it... i think its just over a meter high and just under a meter round.. but i'd have to measure it, it is a good size for a pair of rats though.. OR i might put my two ladies in it and then i would have a ferplast jenny cage going spare but it is a little rusty, nothing that wouldnt clean up though :)
Owen

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
We have a Ferplast jenny cage, for our old rats it was the largest one that pets at home had on sale, it cost us £79 brand new, The rats wasnt in for it long as our son who they were for was scared of them and hes only had his hamster in it, but he wants the space in his room and so wants his old smaller hamster cage back.
Its a big cage with a huge corner shelf plus wheel, a huge water bowl a silver hang on rat dish, a rat hammock, a rat rope for climbing and a huge dome sleeping area, it has the 2 handles for lifting on the top and a lockable door at the front.
Pm us if your still interested, we live in coventry, on a google map we are 50 mile from the centre of derby to our house

1 - 12 of 12 Posts