Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Seems like now is a bad time of year for RETFs, probably as theyre so fragile and transport would like kill them.

check out this site though...

www.pollywog.co.uk

He has some, and hes a really nice guy. Have you kept tree frogs before? I only ask because RETFs are notoriously difficult to keep alive due to their intolerance of incorrect conditions, high parasite loads when CB or CF and extremely easily stressed. I dont know how many times ive seen people new to tree frogs want Red eyes because theyre so iconic, and then be ibtterly disappointed when they die. A guy i know whose been keeping tree frogs years finally got 6 of them.... 4 died in a couple of days,.. 1 more a week later.

Oh and make sure you keep them in groups yea? they are a social animal and dont fare well alone.

Sorry if you know all that its just they are expensive frogs and i dont want to see you make a mistake. I have Whites and theyre the greatest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
erm, already been keeping several species of dendrobate succesfully for some time so think RETF shouldnt prove much of a challange in comparison, also between 2 and 4 times the price of RETF, which seem pretty resonably priced to me at around £25-35 each. If only dartfrogs were so cheap :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm hoping to get a pair next year is a pair ok?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Steelblue: if youve kept frogs and researches RETFs then you'll understand why i mentioned it. And dendros are very different to Red eyes. good luck anyway.

Zilziz, i think they'd be fine in a pair, but if you can afford it is try for a tri, then at least if 1 dies you'll not be left with 1 alone. I hvent kept them personally but have read rather alot so dont take it as read, just passing on what ive read from alot of places

1 - 5 of 5 Posts