Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a mate who wants one... something simple with a full set up, not too expensive i suppose..
gimme a shout with prices and location and i'll pass it on.
cheers

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
someone must have a spar frog? lol

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
it'd help if she knew what type of treefrog she wanted. There are hundreds of species and some are easy, some are most definartly not. Go to Welcome to www.pollywog.co.uk for information on all aspects of amphibian herpetoculture and look on there. For a beginner, i'd recommend Whites Tree frogs (litorea caerulea) or Grey tree frogs (Hyla versicolor) or american greens (Hyla cinera). The Red eyes and members of that family are very fragile and mostly CF or WC anyway, so come with massive parasite loads so if her heart is set on those, make sure you get CB and a group of them, they dont like being alone.

What kind is it shes looking for?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, sorry.. yes something simple and easy to keep i reckon

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers dude..
probably looking for something a bit cheaper than that i would think.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i guess if there is a seperate full set up avaliable then its possible.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i got a frog but no set up :lol2:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bummer
i just got rid of a load of tanks too lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
thats always the way :lol2: never mind i prob a bit to far ne how :(

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeh probably

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If your mate doesnt even know what frog they (or you) want then obviously they havent even read up on them.
It really does annoy me when people just want one cause theyve seen them somewhere or someone else has one etc and not know anything about the setup, heating (as all frogs have different humidity and temps).
I can tell you now that no frog is easy to keep and simple.

All im saying is tell your mate that if they really want a frog of any kind, to go and read up on them (the particular species you want), get the setup at least couple of months before and then go and get the frog.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2 things here, although thanks for the help anyway.
1... it clearly says a friend, not me.
2... it doesnt say any particular type, he did actually work in a repshop for years so i would presume he will be ok with the animals.. if there was a nice list i could show him and he could probably decide from there.
see its the way you get replies which puts a lot of newbies off, one part is helpful, the rest sounds agressive and presumpsuous in many aspects.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts