Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey frog people, I want a frog or a toad but not sure what species to go for, it will be my first amphibion so any sugestions to wich would make a great starter pet? bull frogs are ok but not relly my cup of tea, dosnt have to be a frog or a toad eaither any sugestions would be great

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Asian painted bullfrogs. They are cheap and EASY to care for. You can get them from Frogsgalore.net.
Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i shall take a look :)i dont want the standerd starters amphibion tho, i want somthing a little more snazy, as i alredi have 2 snakes and a turantula so i understand houseing requiremts and diet are a must for an animals survivle, anybody recomomend something a tad more "exotic" so to speak?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Sorry if I come across as snappy or whatever, most amphibians are easy to keep, but reptiles are different, amphibians have much more delicate life, more delicate skin, can die from tapwater, need de-chlorinated.

but if you want something snazzy, a tree frog. - I have the feeling a milkfrog is for you http://ryanjordandigital.com/images/milkfrog.jpg

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:O stunning little things, i may have to get one, first im gonna have to build some big shelvs in my room as im running out of space to put things, there quite expencive but i see why :flrt:, i was also looking at the newts they had on there, they look pretty cool and seem very easy to care for, would have to build my own enclosure for it tho as the need water and land, also looking at White Lipped Tree Frog (Litoria Infrafrenata) and europen green toad looks like a pretty good idea also, very pretty animals

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry if I come across as snappy or whatever, most amphibians are easy to keep, but reptiles are different, amphibians have much more delicate life, more delicate skin, can die from tapwater, need de-chlorinated.

but if you want something snazzy, a tree frog. - I have the feeling a milkfrog is for you http://ryanjordandigital.com/images/milkfrog.jpg
thats ok lol, i understand :p

every type of animal has difernt requiremnts and i would do my best to up hold that

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
If not a tree frog* fire salamander, or tiger salamander, or any salamander. definatly, everyone lately seems to want one but me and thetoad888 got in the trend just before everyone eles did so techniclly were not following the crowd, i have no idea why ive just written that babble and so I am finishing my scentence here goodluck :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If not a tree frog* fire salamander, or tiger salamander, or any salamander. definatly, everyone lately seems to want one but me and thetoad888 got in the trend just before everyone eles did so techniclly were not following the crowd, i have no idea why ive just written that babble and so I am finishing my scentence here goodluck :)

haha seems every one has conformed to your ways, i shall check them out and cheers for the infomation,:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
tbh with alot of amphibians you dont need a huge tank, heat, or a uv light, so your saving on money in electricity bill and spending on the items, the mount of money you save can buy you a new amphib Lol, never thought of that before.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
i shall take a look :)i dont want the standerd starters amphibion tho, i want somthing a little more snazy, as i alredi have 2 snakes and a turantula so i understand houseing requiremts and diet are a must for an animals survivle, anybody recomomend something a tad more "exotic" so to speak?
keeping snakes and spiders is compleeetly different from keeping amphibians. starting with something like red eyes will be very hard as you have no experience with tell tale signs of illness. i strongly advice you start with something like a whites tree frog or vietnamese gliding tree frogs.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
keeping snakes and spiders is compleeetly different from keeping amphibians. starting with something like red eyes will be very hard as you have no experience with tell tale signs of illness. i strongly advice you start with something like a whites tree frog or vietnamese gliding tree frogs.

Im jumping i the deep end with dart frogs......

Nahhh only kidding, well i will serch up some differnt types of frogs and care sheets and if i feel i am able to care for them i shall, i know its totaly differnt, but what im trying to say is im not just some exotic pet noob, i understand amphibs are delecet creatures that there enviroment needs to be perfect for there survivle some more than others, Dont worry tho i wont start with a massivly hard frog to start with only somthing just 1 or 2 levles up from your average starter from :p

Knowing me i will fall in love with a hornd frog as i think there very pretty animals

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Japanese common toad is great animal.
I keep two of them. Cute.:flrt:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts