Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know please beware when buying from member GOTHGIRL. After buying some heat mats from her (One in terrible condition and two with the plugs pulled off) and subsequently re-wiring them I discovered the one with a lot of water damage does not work at all.
I have asked very nicely for her to resolve the issue but she has clearly stated that (now she has my money) She will not help. This is just a warning to other members who may buy from her that this member may try to rip you off too.

Here is our correspondence in PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothGirl
Quote:

Hiya
One of the heat mats does not work, (The large one missing the plug) Also you should have really stated that they were not working heat mats i.e the two plugs had been cut off the ends. The other two are fine once I had had them rewired. Do you have a replacement?
All the heatmats were tested before being advertised for sale and the plugs were cut off to lower the postage, as you can see in the pictures on the thread, so there was no need to state their lack of plugs as it was visible from the start.

I'm afraid I cannot send you a replacement as I simply don't have any, if you had made me aware of a problem when you received them I would have sorted something out but it has been over three weeks now they've been in your possesion and I cannot be held accountable for whats happened in that time.

Apologies
Hel

Hi Hel

I use my work PC so all pictures are blocked and I cannout see any. To prove this I can send you a screen shot of my view of this website. It has been just over two weeks since they have arrived and it took me that time to find somebody to wire the plug for me. Which has now resulted in me finding out the mat if faultly.

Are you telling me you are refusing to resolve this issue?

Regards

Astral

I'm afraid its been over two weeks in your possession as you've stated yourself and I can't be held responsible.

I provided pictures it is not my fault you cannot see them, you never informed me you couldn't see the pictures and likewise if you had an issue with receiving them without plugs you should have informed me when you received them and I would have sent out the plugs, not two weeks later.

I'm afraid I can't be held respoinsible in this instance.

Apologies

Hel

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
In her first reply she says it's been over three weeks, then she says over two. She can't make her mind up. And she apologises so she knows she is in the wrong.

It's crap you've had a bad buying experience :(

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
All i can suggest is leave iTRADER feedback and put it down to experience.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it funny how you can test a heatmat with no plug on anyway...The plugs had been removed a while ago... I paid enough postage to cover the weight of them aswell so thats a downright lie

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You'll hate me for this, but read it first then comment...

:? she posted pics you couldn't see??

I don't think that makes it her problem...

and 2-3 weeks is pretty long to eventually make a complaint.

What's the point in this thread?

It's not very justified when it was your problem seeing the pictures & then accepting the transaction?

She didn't exactly not send them did she?

I view it as your own problem, you should've asked someone to show you the picture if your computer wouldn't allow you to see it.

It's only he said she said business that they didn't work after TWO or THREE weeks. (that's a long time after having them to make a complaint)

Depends what kinda mind you have when you read this as to what you notice... 2 or 3 weeks... a problem would've been reported in a couple of days at most if there was one on delivery.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
:? she posted pics you couldn't see??

I don't think that makes it her problem...

and 2-3 weeks is pretty long to eventually make a complaint.

What's the point in this thread?

It's not very justified when it was your problem seeing the pictures & then accepting the transaction?

She didn't exactly not send them did she?

I view it as your own problem, you should've asked someone to show you the picture if your computer wouldn't allow you to see it.

It's only he said she said business that they didn't work after TWO or THREE weeks. (that's a long time after having them to make a complaint)

Depends what kinda mind you have when you read this as to what you notice... 2 or 3 weeks... a problem would've been reported in a couple of days at most if there was one on delivery.
Agreed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not really the pictures I am complaining about. Its the fact it does not work at all. I had to get somebody who knows how to wire it together (i.e my friend who is a sparky) He then told me its broken. The other two work fine. The item is broken, it arrived on the 20th which makes it exactly 13 days since it arrived

Thats under two weeks most normal shops give you a minimum of a 14 return policy.

·
5,234 Posts
Personally I would leave iTrader feedback if you are genuinely unhappy with the product. I wouldn't use the 'not seeing the picture' excuse, it isn't doing you any favours, however I would have preferred the text to be very specific about the condition of the mats. Saying a mat is 'used' is not the same as saying it has extensive water damage, I would also expect it to be explicitly mentioned that no plugs were present.

With all this in mind, and the fact that they do not work, I would suggest you do have a right to be aggrieved, and I don't think two weeks is excessive, many retail establishments will suggest a 14-28 day returns policy, obviously this isn't the same situation, but for me is some what comparable.

Personally I would try to arrange the mats to be sent back for a refund, however you will pay the postage, and will not get the original postage cost back.

Andy

Oh, and unless you have permission to post pm's involving another party, you can not post them.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Thats under two weeks most normal shops give you a minimum of a 14 return policy.
But your not dealing with a shop and to be honest seem to be clutching at straws. I think it's just a case of bad communication on both sides. unlucky really

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The main point it, she told me they were working. The plugs had been cut off upon arrival and I had an electrician wire them back together as I have not done it before myself. He told me the two were fine but this one’s duff. Connections in the actual wire are broken. This means it was either broken in transit (Unlikely as sent in large box) or it was already broken and she’s just trying to make a quick buck by ripping off members here. Hence my warning to any other people who may buy.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The main point it, she told me they were working. The plugs had been cut off upon arrival and I had an electrician wire them back together as I have not done it before myself. He told me the two were fine but this one’s duff. Connections in the actual wire are broken. This means it was either broken in transit (Unlikely as sent in large box) or it was already broken and she’s just trying to make a quick buck by ripping off members here. Hence my warning to any other people who may buy.

as I said "he said she said" business... unlucky.

As you said "unlikely" but still there's a chance... I still don't think you have much to stand on, on this.

Good luck nevertheless...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as I said "he said she said" business... unlucky.

As you said "unlikely" but still there's a chance... I still don't think you have much to stand on, on this.

Good luck nevertheless...

The point of this thread is not to get my money back, that would be nice but she's made it clear shes going to rip me off on this.

As stated in the title. It is a warning to anybody who may buy from her, that she has ripped people off in the past, and thus may also take their money too. I personally would want to know if anyone I may buy off has had bad ratings in the past.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Goth girl also stated in a PM if it had been before 3 weeks she would have resolved but when I pointed out it had been 13 days she suddenly changed her story to before 2 weeks.

That implys she knew and never had any intention of resolving the duff goods

·
Registered
374 Posts
she has ripped people off in the past, and thus may also take their money too. I personally would want to know if anyone I may buy off has had bad ratings in the past.
from what i can see though she doesnt have any bad ratings. 46 lots of feedback left and 100% positive. whats the point of people complaining and not leaving bad feedback, as you say you wouldnt want to buy from someone with bad feedback

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
If you are unhappy with the product sent as it was faulty then if you paid by paypal you can claim the cost of one of the mats back. Just open a dispute. Unless you sent the money as a gift or another way entirely then you are a bit stuck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Im sorry but two weeks to find someone to wire a plug, you could have found that out by opening up another plug or by using google.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Just to let everyone know please beware when buying from member GOTHGIRL. After buying some heat mats from her (One in terrible condition and two with the plugs pulled off) and subsequently re-wiring them I discovered the one with a lot of water damage does not work at all.
I have asked very nicely for her to resolve the issue but she has clearly stated that (now she has my money) She will not help. This is just a warning to other members who may buy from her that this member may try to rip you off too.

Here is our correspondence in PM.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothGirl
Quote:

Hiya
One of the heat mats does not work, (The large one missing the plug) Also you should have really stated that they were not working heat mats i.e the two plugs had been cut off the ends. The other two are fine once I had had them rewired. Do you have a replacement?
All the heatmats were tested before being advertised for sale and the plugs were cut off to lower the postage, as you can see in the pictures on the thread, so there was no need to state their lack of plugs as it was visible from the start.

I'm afraid I cannot send you a replacement as I simply don't have any, if you had made me aware of a problem when you received them I would have sorted something out but it has been over three weeks now they've been in your possesion and I cannot be held accountable for whats happened in that time.

Apologies
Hel
Hi Hel

I use my work PC so all pictures are blocked and I cannout see any. To prove this I can send you a screen shot of my view of this website. It has been just over two weeks since they have arrived and it took me that time to find somebody to wire the plug for me. Which has now resulted in me finding out the mat if faultly.

Are you telling me you are refusing to resolve this issue?

Regards

Astral

I'm afraid its been over two weeks in your possession as you've stated yourself and I can't be held responsible.

I provided pictures it is not my fault you cannot see them, you never informed me you couldn't see the pictures and likewise if you had an issue with receiving them without plugs you should have informed me when you received them and I would have sent out the plugs, not two weeks later.

I'm afraid I can't be held respoinsible in this instance.

Apologies

Hel

let me get this right, you received them without plugs at all?? why the hell would you send a mat out without a plug, meanin you have to go buy a plug for them. id much rather pay the extra postage which would be pennies anyway.
Also she said if you had a problem with receivin them without the plugs on you should have said...........did she actually tell you she was sendin them out without plugs in when you were doin the deal??
then she says she would have sent the plugs later..... wouldnt that be another lot of postage? so mat postage plus plug postage = same amount if not more for postage than if she had left the plugs on!!!

as for the length of time. if i didnt have Ditta here it may have taken me that amount of time to get someone to put the plugs back on for me as i cant wire a plug for toffee!! so i can understand why its taken so long and they couldnt be tested until the plugs were back on.

As for not being able to see the pics..... a heat mat is a heat mat right?? why the hell would you really need to see a pic of one before purchase? if they item is being described accurately then there would be no need, was the item described in the writing that accompanied the picture that the plugs were removed?? have you got the link to the original advert?

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Goth girl also stated in a PM if it had been before 3 weeks she would have resolved but when I pointed out it had been 13 days she suddenly changed her story to before 2 weeks.

That implys she knew and never had any intention of resolving the duff goods
it has still been before 2 weeks though if its 13 days, so by her own statement she should still sort it out

Im sorry but two weeks to find someone to wire a plug, you could have found that out by opening up another plug or by using google.

thats not as ridiculous as cutting off plugs off something that wont work without them to lower postage!!! and then sayin she would have posted them out seperately afterwards!! i bet the guy payed for a heat mat, not half a heatmat, which in effect is what it is cos until they go out and pay more money to get plugs they are useless

ps astral i would definately leave bad feedback. people tend not to leave bad feeback when the seller has lots of good feedback already but if bad experiences go undocumented then it renders the whole i trader thing pointless.

not every transaction ive been part of has run smoothly but ive always made every effort to sort things out

1 - 20 of 106 Posts