Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hey all its me and Wasabi again. Took a few picks of her cage and need help to figure best setup for her.

View attachment 354070

And this is what she thinks of me taking pics of her lol

View attachment 354071 View attachment 354072
Shes also stopped eating and cant figure out why
Hi, firstly the enclosure is FAR too small, the heat bulb will not heat the iguana`s body evenly, it would be better to use two bulbs of suitable wattage, place them 3 or 4 inches apart (they need to heat at least the animal`s snout to vent length) also say what type and wattage the heatbulb/UVB are?
I would guess at this moment in time the conditions are not supportive, which may be one of the reasons for the lack of appetite (perhaps another health issue, too)?
Can you say exactly what the ambient (air) and basking surface temps and humidity ranges are and how you measure those?
I looks like the lizard has lost part of the tail, has that happened during the time you`ve owned the animal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. No theres not a chunk of flesh missing on her leg. 2 that cage is not small so u need to get ur eyes checked. 3 yes a piece of her tails missing she got it caught in her cage. And no i dont know what the ambient temp is etc. In the cage

·
Super Moderator
16,917 Posts
1. No theres not a chunk of flesh missing on her leg. 2 that cage is not small so u need to get ur eyes checked. 3 yes a piece of her tails missing she got it caught in her cage. And no i dont know what the ambient temp is etc. In the cage
How do you know if it is too hot or too cold?

What are the cage dimensions?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You are CLEARLY not fit to keep the animal, surrender it to someone who is willing to provide EVERYTHING it needs before you kill it.
The enclosure is FAR too small, you have no idea what the conditions are, the iguana is not eating, and you`re asking advise on décor???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts