Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I don't frequent this section, hell I'm only a n00b anyway in the grand scheme of things on this forum however I thought some may be interested in a couple of photo's I took of a wasp spider I found in Epping forest.

I haven't ever seen a spider like this myself living on the outskirts of London so naturally I thought it deserved to be captured photo'd and returned back to where it came from.

Anyone else seen them? I have seen a few articles about them and they seem to be an introduced species are they invasive or just mind their own?

I'm not clued up on spiders but I do find them interesting :).

Jamie

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Nice find a great pics.

It always brings a smile to my face when I see stuff like this, just reminds ya that our country really does have some stunning wildlife.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find a great pics.

It always brings a smile to my face when I see stuff like this, just reminds ya that our country really does have some stunning wildlife.

Same I literally thought wow. Pretty cool spider I'll have some of that! I found a bottle some kind litter bug left behind, pricked a few air holes and filled it with some twigs and popped it in for the return journey.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
they're cool spiders. There's a place near me where they breed. I brought one home one summer and kept it in a tank outside in the garden. The adults die off in autumn and their egg sacs (which look like poppy seed heads) overwinter before hatching in spring.
they seem to live mostly on grasshoppers, certainly the ones round here were catching loads and all looked fat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts