Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you secure yours in the viv.

i use the big ceramic dog bowls for my boas and im geting fed up of them geting tiped over all the time.

any advive in securing a water bowl for big snakes welcome and pics even better.

thanks, gibby

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I use a big Poly-box just big enough to fit the width of the viv and wedge it in. If the snake still manages to tip it, I stick a big rock in aswell.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
try a bigger bowl cause it hold more water fill it up and it will be heavier so it shunt be as easy to tip.

Never had this problem myself my boa never goes in his water.

·
I am here to annoy you :)
6,588 Posts
Cat litter box for larger snakes :mf_dribble: Me I dont have that problem I use flat based bowl for our lot & theyre royals, corns, kings & milks. SO tend not to tip over that easily. But larger snakes use cat litter boxes.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
how do you secure yours in the viv.

i use the big ceramic dog bowls for my boas and im geting fed up of them geting tiped over all the time.

any advive in securing a water bowl for big snakes welcome and pics even better.

thanks, gibby
I use RUBs for the big snakes, even our biggest burms dont tip them

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
Never have this problem with any of my snakes apart from the anaconda due to her having a smaller water bowl and her big fat body going everywhere :lol2: but she has not done it in a while.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tryed useing 18L rubs b4 but they just kept tipping it and 9 liters of water in the botom of the viv is not so good lol (all heating is above incase anyone has conserns)

the only thing they dont spill is the baby bath i used to use but carrying that up and down stairs all the time was a nightmare.

have thaught about nailing in a few bits of wood to secure it but just not got round to it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts