Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

Does any one know what sort of size water bowl a corn snake needs with how much water.

I have the following sized bowls:
-5 1/2" diameter X 2 3/4" depth
-7" diameter X 3" depth
-8 1/4" diameter X 3 1/2" depth
-9 1/2" diameter X 4" depth
-11 1/4" diameter X 4 1/2" depth
-13" diameter X 5 1/2" depth
I could also acquire the following plastic bowls:
-6" X 3"
-9" X 3"

Also how much bottled water do I provide everyday?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Fresh water everyday, and it doesnt need to be bottled but that is just preference. As far as bowls are concerned as long as its a heavy based bowl so it cant be tipped over and there are not any issues with sheding then I would give it a bowl the same size as cereal bowl, but not as high.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can they be given tap water? I thought it was poisonous. How much water do they need a day? Which bowl is more suitable?

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
How big is the snake? Mine have dishes that they can all, if they wanted to, fit into.

Tap water is fine, you could leave it to stand for a few hours before putting it into their bowl if you wanted to - but there's no harm in putting it straight in to let it stand in the viv. If you don't want to use tap, then use cool boiled water from the kettle.

Just fill the dish with water, and change it every day or every other day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
water

with the snakes ive kept over the years ive used the heavy croc bowls (like rabbit dishes/dog water bowls) with not so high sides. they keep the water cooler aswell. the water gets changed every day and i use a water conditioner (similar to the stuff you use for fish). specially for herps gets rid of the chlorine. bottled water is just a preference. mind you with my new boa i am using a cat litter tray. more room and keeps humidity levels.

·
Registered
968 Posts
wd

Depending on the type of snake if the snake likes water and enjoys sitting in it give them a water bowl big enough for them to sit in it other wize just one big enough to hold the amount of water that wont evaporate in the amount of time between changing the water. A heavy bowl helps beacuse most snakes annoyingly tip there bowl hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts