Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of water dragons a couple of weeks ago for my blokes xmas pressie, and decided for once I'd pick the biggest healthiest looking ones (I'm a complete sucker for the little weak looking ones but have had a few from said shop pass away and didn't want it again :-() and they've got on fine, thier colours have brightened up and they look lovely, :)

But I went back to the shop & saw there was only the smallest weakest tiniest one left and, yep you guessed it, I had to buy him, he is quite a bit smaller than the others (well theres big, medium & small) and I'm a bit worried about bullying etc etc, I'm sure your prob not supposed to put different sizes in together (they were all together at the shop) but this little guy wasn't (and may still not) gonna last for very long left in with some frog things and some other lizards (i know they aren't supposed to be kept together).

As soon as I put the little guy in he munched a cricket immediately and there doesn't seem to be any probs between any of them except this little one is very thin, is there anything I can do to fatten him up & make him bit more healthy? I have both a pure calcium supplement & nutrobal how much would you recommend i give him?

Thanks in advance peeps :D

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
when i got my wd she was very under weight however she was full grown. if i was you i'd feed the little one everyday for the time being as much as he'll eat in one sitting. dust with nutrobal twice a week, maybe three times IF he eats everyday. do you have any pics so we can see difference in sizes etc?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not with me now but I'll get some and post them up on fri, I'd say at a guess the biggest is 9-11 inches, medium one is 7-9 inches and small woul;d be about 5 inches (all inc tails) they are very approximate guesses but i'd say the smallest was half the size of the biggest!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
it's difficult to help without seeing them. do you have a spare tank to seperate the smallest? if so i'd do this then you can keep an eye on it

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a spare, I can prob get one but then I gotta get UV etc aswell and just after xmas is I'm not at my most flush lol, I wouldn't normally get an animal I couldn't house on its own at first but they'd all lived together @ the shop and I didnt think he was going to last much longer if i didn't intervene, they seem to all get on fine, the little one slept with his head on the big one all night (one of my mates is an insomniac and we just bought a new girl beardie for my male & left him on watch duty to make sure no probs lol) so it looks like they get on OK, hes jumping around and stuff (he wasn't in the shop) i think he may have been a little dehydrated (the water in the shop was rank) but hes perked up already, will get some waxies I think, his legs are very bony but I think (fingers crossed) with a little TLC he may just pull through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts