Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on a few care sheets and books the humidity should be kept and 70-80%, I have an exo-terra medium waterfall with fogger (in addition to their bathing pool) and this ups the humidity to approx 90%, I was wondering if this could cause any detrimental effects on their health? I could put in another vent which would allow some of the mist to escape but I'm not great with making/fixing/changing things and was hoping that it could be avoided!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Having a too higher humidity could cause respiratory problems so i would allow more vents

·
Registered
846 Posts
you could just drill a couple of holes in the top or sides and cover with fine mesh thus preventing prey escapees

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
yup yup! stick in some more vents like nursery said or drill some holes (i like that one! makes life a little bit easier!):smile:

can also lead to bacterial infections of the skin...:smile:

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
can you not turn the fogger off and see if it drops?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does drop with the fogger off but its drops too much and as I'm at work all day I like to leave it on to make sure, also they seem to love jumping around in the waterfall with the fogger on but not so much with it off, I'll drill some holes (or find someone to do it for me lol) tonight cheers guys :)

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
fair enough. you could always but the fogger on a timer :smile:

Reactions: Cara

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats very true, I need to get some timers, think I may just do that, ta very much!!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
nps :smile:
wilkos is the cheapest place btw they are only about £1.50

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wkd cheers, needed some anyway really - don't like getting up a 8 to turn on lights when its my day off lol :)

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
:smile: lol know how ya feel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts