Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...a friend of mine has a young green iguana and she ask me to ask any body online...... is it possible to keep a young water dragon in the same tank as her young iguana. The water dragon is considerably small than the iguana any would be great.
P.S......... She is only asking as the shop where she was going to purchase it has them in the same tank.
THX

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
no you really shouldnt as an iggy can give a nasty bite and tail whip and to a small wd it could be fatal alot of pet shops do keep them together but they are also sold quickly
manda xx

·
Registered
275 Posts
speedy123 said:
doesnt the iggy grow wayyyyy bigger than a water dragon!?!??! it would probably become a snack :shock:
Guess your joking :? Iggys are not meat eaters,but still not a good idea to house them together just because of shear size and strengh of iggy for starters.

·
Registered
520 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

In my opinion and experience WD's and iggies should be kept from even seeing each other especially when they get older. I sub adult iggie will see the WD and, due in particular to the similarities in the species, decide it is another animal trying to encroach on it 'terratory'

I allow lucifer free reign when I'm in the house and he wanders in and out of his viv. I stupidly left his stand too close to the WD viv one night and he started banging his head against the glass trying to get at the dragons!( THANK GOD FOR TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS)

So its a definate NO from experience from me!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I agree that you shouldn't keep WD's and Iggys' together. I would even be wary of keeping two iggys together unless a similar size, and some people think Iggy's should only ever be housed alone, due to experiences with legs being bitten off and other horrid stories.

I have kept WD's and Iggys very successfully, in seperate vivs.

Personally, I wouldn't give my custom to a shop that kept them together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts