Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My male water dragon hasn't been eating for about two weeks had him at the vets on Friday and she gave him anti biotics and a multivitamin jab to try and give him a boost she told me to keep an eye on him and see if he eats and I've to go back next week for her to see him but he's still not eating anything I went and bought locusts mealies and crickets to try and tempt him but that was Friday and still nothing
I put him in the bath last nite and he done a wee poo the first in about a week and a half tried him again with the food but he's not interested he's not bein very active in his tank but still comes onto my hand and climbs up
I'm really worried about him and was wondering if anyone could help!!
A friend recommended a syringe with baby food? not sure about that x x

·
Registered
91 Posts
My beardie was the same and the vet gave me a syringe to feed him with, never had to use it though.
He said mush up some crickets or use baby food to get him eating again.
Might be worth a try
GOod luck

·
Registered
459 Posts
How long have you had the guy?

All the basics correct? i.e. Temps, Humidity?

Do you have any pics of his viv?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had him over two years he's about 4 now yep temps r all correct keep humidity up by spraying through out the day! his third eyelid is showin sometimes when he's opening and closing his eyes vet says it's probably because he's run down as she checked his eyes and there's no infection! I'll add a picture of his vic tomorrow only on my iPod just now! Will get a syringe and try that aswell thanks x

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've had him over two years he's about 4 now yep temps r all correct keep humidity up by spraying through out the day! his third eyelid is showin sometimes when he's opening and closing his eyes vet says it's probably because he's run down as she checked his eyes and there's no infection! I'll add a picture of his vic tomorrow only on my iPod just now! Will get a syringe and try that aswell thanks x

Dnt worry about the viv pics too much, If youve had him for two years now and he's been fine then i doubt its anything to do with your setup.

Hope the news from the vets is good, keep us updated..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts