Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions and querys about water dragons:

1: I have just bought a tank for a water dragon and i am wondering how to set it up could you please show me some pictures of your water dragon tanks

2: Am i better off buying just one water dragon or getting two.

3: And finally is there anything that i should no about water dragons good and bad

kind regards mat

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
what water dragons are you getting aussy`s or chinese ? and what size is the tank your getting to keep them in
chinese water dragons need a 3ftwidth 4ft tall 4 ft wide vivariam they can grow around 3 ft so they need a big viv they allso love to climb so thats the reason for the viv to be so tall, aussy water dragon are more terestrial and can be housed in 4ft long 3ft wide and 3 ft tall they grow to 2.5ft for females and 3ft for males both species allso need a large bowl in there viv to swim
id suggest you read some care sheets on them!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water dragons

it is chinese water dragons that i am getting and the tank is 3ftx4ftx2ft

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I use real plants with mine, things such as devils ivy and cheese plants. i'll get some pics put on here. for the substrate i use eco earth as i find it helps with humidity. i use cat litter trays for water as they like to sit in it and poo, especially after youv'e cleaned it. i keep a heat mat under the viv where the water bowl is and this also helps with humidity. i've also found that powersuns bring the colours out in them fantastically.
hope this helps

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
here's my viv, not the best picture did it on my phone. also its 6ft longx 3ft heightx 2ft depth and this is because she doesn't have many toes so cant climb. infact she used to get stuck at the top of plants lol bless.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D thank you :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts