Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a fantastic aboreal viv all set up and ready to go - could house either a baby water dragon or a baby green basilisk with a few changes to suit each species. However, I can't make up my mind which to get purely on the basis of temperament. I 've had plenty of experience with water dragons in the past and know them to tame down well, which is what I'm after, but I find I'm drawn to the 'something-a-bit-different' quality of the basilisk even though I've heard they can be a nightmare to tame.

Can anybody give me some indicators as to whether what I've heard about basilisk's scatty temperaments' is right or whether they can be as tame as water dragons with a bit of TLC?

Hannah

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
both are quite skatty as babies but the balisk can be a bit erm tempermental as an adult aswell
id personaly go for the wd's even though i love balasiks they can be a challenge also find cb ones can be tricky and a wc ones are bound to be skatty quite alot
manda x

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
yeah im with manda there. basilisks are very skittish. im sure ppl have managed to tame them but i'd go for a wd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts