Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Yesterday whilst I was feeding murdoc, I noticed a small patch of a water like liquid had appeared randomly in his feeding box. Then a couple of minutes later I went to change his water dish, only to find another small patch of this liquid. There was a dubia roach with him in the box and it appears he might be going through the shedding process as it looks like his colours are going a whitish dull colour. The box is abit like a picnic box but plastic. He's never done this before and I read somewhere it says it's due to high stress? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Why would you move your gecko out of the enclosure and into a feeding box??
Just feed in the enclosure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would you move your gecko out of the enclosure and into a feeding box??
Just feed in the enclosure.
I was worried wether he was eating or not, as we only got him recently. However we still put feeder insects in his enclosure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe it is water? Misted around it or anything. Anything in it? Clear in color? Some clear liquid type of urine does come out with feces/urates. Sometimes the clear stuff is more when their isn't a lot of the other stuff that comes out. I would just keep an eye out for any abnormal behavior, etc.in the animal. It is probably nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it is water? Misted around it or anything. Anything in it? Clear in color? Some clear liquid type of urine does come out with feces/urates. Sometimes the clear stuff is more when their isn't a lot of the other stuff that comes out. I would just keep an eye out for any abnormal behavior, etc.in the animal. It is probably nothing.
Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. I looked at the box the day after to find that the liquid had dried as a white colour, so that made me think it wasn't water? He seems to be alright, nothing out of the ordinary, Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Urate can have some liquid to it so was most likely it. Just keep an eye on him.

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. I looked at the box the day after to find that the liquid had dried as a white colour, so that made me think it wasn't water? He seems to be alright, nothing out of the ordinary, Thanks for the reply :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts