Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My water monitor who I've had just over a year suddenly has grown a lump in his throat and his isn't using his back legs or moving his tail around much. Does any one have any idea what might be wrong? This all happen once he didn't have day basking light for a week because the bulb broke and I had to wait to buy a new one due to pay check issues, and now this. I also switched his diet from crickets to the larva (that turn into beetles) about two months before from the crikets he use to eat. I also found that some of those larva had turned to beetles and were on him one of those days so I dont know if they had been attackin or gave him an infection. Any ideas? He can't even really swim any more. I dont have any exotic reptile places around where I live

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sorry for the late response, but please get your monitor to a vet as soon as possible. Not having a basking area for a monitor is not acceptable, no matter what. There is no need to buy the fancy reptile bulbs, simply buy halogen flood lights from the hardware store or wherever. Shouldnt be more than a few quid for one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts