Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.

Very sad day for me as i have to sell my favorite reptile, Dino the Asian water monitor. I have moved in with the girl friend into a small cottage and we have no room for him downstairs and the new upstairs reptile room has a very old wooden floor that i seriously doubt would take the weight of the 6x4x2.5ft viv he is in.

The only thing i can do is sell him to the right person.

What to say,He is around 3.5-4ft long so he is getting quite large with an appetite to match. He is on a diet of mainly fish (not sea fish), mice, rats, chicks, eggs and the odd locust. Eats all of it with no problems as expected.

He is very inqusitive and will take food off me. I have worked with him to build up a trust of me and i have never grabbed hold of him or removed him from his favorite hiding place. I have no doubts that if this interaction is continued he will be become a very tame lizard with age and size.

He comes with the custom made viv which like i said is 6ft long 4ft high and either 2.5 or 3ft deep (not with him right now so i cant check.) It is a very large and very heavy viv that will have to be taken apart when moved from my old room. It has a standard light fitting in one end for basking and a ceramic with stat on the other to keep the ambient temps up.

I will post pictures very soon of everything you will get but he is round my mums and i wont be there again for a few days.

I'm sure i must of posted pics of him and the viv on here before so you could always hunt them down.

Feel free to pm me any questions or offers.

Cheers

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few old pics of the viv you get with him.

And my chippy mate inside when he was building it. Shows the size of the thing! It is made out of water resistant, half inch think ply. Finished on the front with decorative wood.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would sell the monitor on his own for £150 or maybe less to the right person. Should have pics up tomorrow.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its picture time!

First one just shows some burning on the viv behind the ceramic. Happened when the heater feel off its fitting when i first got it and smoldered the wood a bit.

Now a couple of quick pics of Dino himself.

These pics dont do his colour any justice. He looks quite washed out here. He has got a very nice green tinge to him and when he has been sprayed or has just come out of his water bowl he is a nice black with the yellow rings.

Straight after this he enjoyed a meal of cold water fish and a couple of large mice.

Bless him.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To the top.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To the top.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All pm's replyed too. Still available.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Up we go. Offers considered for the correct home. With or without the viv.

·
Registered
10 Posts
very interested

hello mate just seen ur ad ive been lookin for a grown on monitor the bigger the better, reason being is i am opening a pet shop in plymouth and i have a a massive reptile section and im currently building a reptile pond which is huuuuuge! and very posh the pond area is 7 foot by 5 foot and bout 18 inches deep and the land area is just a bit smaller! its all inclosed and has nice filtered water. so obviously i wouldnt need the viv would you do him a bit cheaper on his own? he would be a display animal and a bit of a shop mascot!
gimme an e mail or a text/ring 07990 823b 679
cheers
Carl.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All PM's answered. : victory:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·