Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps, what do u do about water issues???
i've been wondering whether or not to start off with the whole bottled water idea, given the amount of chlorine and hormones we have in our taps!! does anyone have a view on this or do anything particularly special for their reps??

i usually use a day stood water as my guys don't tend to drink straight from the tap- so to spk. any views would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
i have used straight tap water for over 20 years without any sex changes occuring,chlorine can be removed simply by allowing to stand for an hour or agitating the water after its out of the tap,as for hormones our esteemed (or they should be steamed or possibly boiled in aspic) government insists on shoving the issue out of sight so have no hard data other than sex changing fish in our rivers,certainly the water companies are incapable of removing many pollutants from our supplies but like i say havent noticed anything untoward yet
regards gaz

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: :lol: no i haven't seen any either! and i've been using tap water for years, what about boiling it and then leaving it to cool?

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
doubt if that would affect hormones or pesticides but worth a try or get a barrel and collect your own,its bloody wet enough now lol

G

·
i use boiled water...left till slightly warm...i also use vitamins in it...
i never give it straight out of tap...for 2 reasons...i like to boil first and the tap water is cold...and can lower body temp...so giving it them slightly warm...it will obviously cool down...but wont be as cold as tap water...if you get what i mean?

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
lnvexotics said:
i use boiled water...left till slightly warm...i also use vitamins in it...
i never give it straight out of tap...for 2 reasons...i like to boil first and the tap water is cold...and can lower body temp...so giving it them slightly warm...it will obviously cool down...but wont be as cold as tap water...if you get what i mean?
been at the drinks cabinet again missy???

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I warm up my water as well with boiled water.. most of my water bowl are also under or very near the hots spots so it stays warm as well.

Its all out of the tap mind. If you went and collected water falling out of the sky it will probably have just as much crap in it and its probably alot more acidic

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
would those big bottles of mineral water be okay???

Tho get pure water you need to distill it, but easier said than done.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
using mineral water isn't economical when you have alot of animals to keep!! its interesting to hear what everyone else does!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts