Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bearded dragon. Should i keep a bowl of water in the tank at all times even though it takes up room. I normal bath her two to three time a week. She also can get water from her greens.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i dont have a beardie myself but iv looked after them for a while before.i always left water in the viv as any animal should be able to get to water one way or another...or so i thought :roll:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
nuttyaboutgeckos said:
i dont have a beardie myself but iv looked after them for a while before.i always left water in the viv as any animal should be able to get to water one way or another...or so i thought :roll:
It's not necessary with some desertic lizards who live under very hot and arid climates,such as the desert iguana from North Mexico and SW USA and all the spiny-tail lizards (Uromastyx). They will find enough water in their plant diet,and too much humidity is harmful to them :wink:

·
Registered
632 Posts
but for beardies i'd say yes!!!
uros and sand igs are different and will get ill if there is too much humidity, a shallow dish should be fine and if you are worried at all get a humidity guage to keep an eye on things! :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I don't keep water in with my beardies and they are all fine... I do however put fresh salad in everyday that has been sprayed with water so its well moist and they also get baths probably once a week...

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
in the case of uros, they eat all vef and greens so they get lots of moisture from them, beardies may not eat much veg.
Id leave it in there, we do, also its nice if the beardie begins to drink from a bowl, they wont if its not offered so give it a go, if they dont use it after a couple months then you can remove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts