Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :D :D
I keep tropical fish and use RO water.
If I have some spare can I use it for my snakes I no all the minerals are taken out, but the snake gets every thing from its food I thought it better than giving them tapwater with all the chemicals in it
What do you all think :?: :?:

Happy Christmas
To you all

Slither61

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If it aint broke dont fix it, cant see the benifit in giving them RO water and it may cause unknown harm if you want to spoil them give em Evian :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Sorry for the ignorance but what is RO water????

Rain water??

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Can you guess what I'm gonna ask now.

No... I will look on Wikipedia as it would only be lazy to ask on here.

Has your name anything to do with this osmotic?

·
Registered
352 Posts
HI CCM

Are you sure leaving water to stand will remove the fluoride?

I was always under the impression that fluoride was very hard to remove, even boiling the water didn't remove it significantly unlike chlorine. In fact thinking about, leaving water to stand or boiling it may even increase the fluoride concentration due to evaporation.

cheers

os

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'd agree with above. I know chlorine is released as gas isn't it???

COme on Osmotic you sound like thge mad professor who can educate us all.

Get your a$$ in the lab and find out!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
I must admit that i have always used tap water for my snakes water bowls but i do use mineral water for spraying as you done get the nasty tide mark on the glass this way.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
It is the chlorine that makes the water a little cloudy and smelly..but that goes quickly as it is a gas? Not sure about fluoride though. think it is hard to shift, so the government know we are looking after our pearly whites, so they dont have to bother providing dental surgeries....

Sory, rant over....sitting in ofice with phantom tooth syndrome...and it hurts llike hell. wizzies got removed some months ago but it feel like they still there :(

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
might be chlorine, not flouride. i aint no chemist :oops: must be chlorine then. its the one that gives the tap water the funny taste.

Ive never heard of any problem with using tap water for reptiles though

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
if you want to spoil them give em Evian
I had to buy my rough green snake volvic to put in his spray once, when our water was cut off for re-plumbing :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts